Holy Trinity Mission Ministry
WHO WE ARE
Holy Trinity Anglican Church, established in 1868, is a National Historic Site and Winnipeg landmark. After 147 years, the Church still plays a vital role in the downtown community both by embracing the revitalization of inner city and by its continued service to the less fortunate, the homeless, disconnected, immigrants, refugees and those from First Nations communities.
Service is provided to all, regardless of cultural background or religious fath.
Funded by the Parishioners of Holy Trinity at a cost of $80,000 yearly – and with the help of a cross section of volunteers, we are able to provide this service which is in ever increasing demand. We also receive donations of food products from Safeway and Co-Op food stores, Price Choppers and Starbucks, to name a few.
WHAT WE DO
- Serve a free lunch to 150 people – daily – 10 months of the year.
- Emergency food hamper (20-25 weekly) on request.
- Clothing Depot – free items of clthing, household goods, bedding, personal hygiene, cleaning supplies and furniture.
- EAL – English as an Additional Language – free classes for immigrants with free nursery service.
- Christmas Hampers of food and gifts.
- Festive Holiday Hot Boxed Lunches.
- Support to Rossbrook House and the Family Centre in the form of extra food, hampers and household items.
- We have forged close links with the Salvation Army, Crossways In Common, the Main Street Project, Downtown Biz and the Winnipeg Police Cadets to assist us in our outreach program.